Preventive Dentistry in Salt Lake City, UT
Good dental habits help keep your teeth healthy and strong, whether young, old, or somewhere between. At Complete Smiles in Salt Lake City and West Jordan, Utah, we encourage good dental habits through preventive dentistry services. Preventing problems before they start is much better for your health than letting them grow into large problems.
What is Preventive Dentistry?
When we talk about preventive dentistry, we’re talking about all the services we offer that help keep your teeth, gums, and mouth clean and healthy. This includes your routine dental checkups. It’s good to get started with preventive dentistry at an early age. Complete Smiles offers pediatric and adult dental care, so your whole family can schedule your next cleaning and exam at our offices in Salt Lake City or West Jordan, Utah.
How Often Should You See a Dentist for Preventive Care?
The general rule of thumb is to schedule a routine dental checkup once every six months. Some patients may need to come in more often, depending on their overall dental health and certain risk factors. Children can have their first dental checkup as soon as their teeth come in. Getting children used to the dentist helps prevent dental anxiety later in life.
What Preventive Dental Services are Available at Complete Smiles?
We offer the following preventive dental services:
- Complete Oral Exams
- Teeth Cleanings
- Digital X-rays
- Fluoride Treatments
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Pediatric Dentistry
Our entire staff is dedicated to improving oral health and educating you on good dental habits at home.
What are the Benefits of Preventive Dental Services?
When your teeth are healthy, your whole body knows it. Here are a few of the benefits you may enjoy when you come in for preventive dental care:
- Prevention: Catch small problems before they turn into big problems. If you visit for a dental checkup regularly, your dentist can spot problems before they grow into big cavities or worse.
- Protecting Overall Health: Some dental problems can lead to health issues in other parts of your body, and some illnesses can cause dental problems. Taking good care of your teeth and seeing a dentist regularly is an excellent way to protect the health of your whole body.
- Confidence: Be confident about your smile. Clean, healthy teeth make it easier for you to smile confidently.
- Save Money: Although it may seem counterintuitive, you usually save money in the long run when you come to the dentist regularly. That’s because major restorations cost much more than the preventive care you receive at a checkup. Preventing problems from happening is good for your budget.
How Can You Practice Preventive Dental Care at Home?
Since your dentist and hygienist can’t be with you every day of the year, you must practice good dental care at home. Your at-home dental routine should include the following:
- Brushing twice a day
- Flossing regularly
- Avoiding tobacco use
- Being careful when eating hard or chewy candy
How Much Does Preventive Dentistry Cost?
To find out specific prices for our services, please contact one of our dental offices. If you have a dental insurance plan, preventive dental services may be partially or entirely covered.
Schedule Your Next Dental Checkup
Is it time for your next dental checkup? Whether you are one of our regular patients, a new patient, or someone who hasn’t stepped into a dentist’s office in ten years, the staff at Complete Smiles will help you feel welcome. We truly care about your dental health, and we want to do what is best for you and your teeth. Choose one of our three locations in Salt Lake City and West Jordan, Utah, and contact us to schedule your appointment.